Sunday, August 18, 2013

Week 7 in review

As we finished week 7 of our school year I realized that I haven't taken our first day of school pictures for the year yet.  I hope to rectify that this week.

Our week started out bright and early Monday morning as we said goodbye to Eric for 3 days.  He had to fly to Jacksonville for business.

Duncan enjoyed double fisting donuts. 






I decided I needed to vacuum the family room before they started playing in it for the day.  Madeline actually volunteered to do this chore.  I have photographic evidence in case she never offers again.


If I could only get her to volunteer to sweep the floor. That is my most hated chore!


After Madeline vacuumed it was time to start school. We started with circle time.  We learned some more of the Lord's Prayer and more catechism.  Both kids are doing really well with this.  We moved on the multiplication fact review.  Duncan learned about the letter B and number 2. 

After finishing up our regular subjects on Monday we moved on to Madeline's favorite subject, Art.  This week Madeline learned about Picasso's Flowers painting.  She had a little trouble orienting her paper the right way and the instructions went a little fast for her.  I think her picture still turned out pretty good. 
With a little help from me, Duncan also painted a Flowers picture.  I forgot to take a picture of it though.

This week Madeline:
finished up a multiplication unit in math
continued learning about Ancient Egypt
studied about the Tower of Babel in Bible
learned about how birds fly in science
learned about helping verbs in grammar
did some narration and copy work from Caddie Woodlawn
aced her spelling test
finished up Little Pear in our read aloud
finished reading Chalk Box Kid for her reader

On Thursday we finally remembered to put out the bird baths.  We put out 2 bird baths, one on the table and one on the ground.  Madeline is supposed to observe which bird bath the birds prefer.





The kids then decided to wash off the chalk they had made a mess with the day before. I thought it looked pretty as they washed it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment